Privacy & Security
We are committed to safeguarding your personal information and will always handle your personal information securely and carefully. We comply with all applicable data protection and privacy legislation and codes affecting your personal information.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
The personal information we collect is in most cases supplied by you when you place an order, register on our website to receive direct marketing materials, open an account with us or to provide feedback to us. Personal information may include:
- name and contact details (eg. delivery address, phone number, email address);
- date of birth;
- other information you may supply us; or
- transaction information (eg. your credit or debit card details).
Although you have the option to use a pseudonym when dealing with us, we will be unable to provide all our services unless you use identifiable information (eg. if you wish to complete any online transaction with us, use our lay-by service, participate in our loyalty programs or enter a promotion or competition). You can choose not to provide us with certain information, for example, you can choose to use our website without creating an account. However, this may restrict our ability to provide you with our services or access to certain features on our websites.
We also collect information from you automatically. Please see “Information collected automatically – Cookies etc.” below for more information about how we collect your information in this way.
Why Do We Collect Your Personal Information?
In addition to any purpose notified to you at the time of collection, we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information so we can:
- complete transactions and administer our relationship with you (including refunds);
- investigate and respond to your questions, comments or feedback in relation to our products or services;
- better understand your requirements and preferences and improve our service to you;
- provide you with information about our products or services;
- identify and inform you about other products, services or offers that may be of interest to you;
- facilitate the running of, and your participation in, loyalty programs;
- facilitate the running of, and your participation in promotions and competitions;
- monitor activity on our website (for the purpose of maintaining the security of the website);
- compile customer databases to enable us to market Lu & Mon’s brands more accurately;
- comply with our legal obligations (including in relation to health and safety matters or matters relating to our employees or applicants for employment); and
- help us gain a better understanding of your likes and dislikes, so as to improve our website, marketing strategies and the products and services generally offered by us.
Your Email Address
We will only record your email address if you provide it to us. We will only use it to send you information you have requested about any of the services or products we provide through our website, or for another use for which you have provided it. It will not be used for any unauthorised purpose or disclosed without your consent (unless permitted by law). By providing us with your email address, you will have given your consent to receive direct marketing materials from us together with other Lu & Mon brands or carefully selected third parties. If you do not wish to consent or receive any communication from us, you can select the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any email we send you, or you can notify firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Privacy On The Internet
We take care to ensure that the personal information you give us on our website is protected from misuse, interference and loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. For example, our website has electronic security systems in place, including the use of firewalls and data encryption. User identifiers, passwords or other access codes may also be used to control access to your personal information.
Links To Other Sites
You may be able to access external websites by clicking on links we have provided. Those other websites are not subject to our privacy standards, policies and procedures. You will need to contact or review those websites directly to ascertain their privacy standards, policies and procedures.
How Can I Access My Personal Information?
You have a right to gain access to your personal information that we hold. This is subject to some exceptions allowed by applicable law. Factors affecting a right to access include:
- access would pose a serious threat to the life or health or safety of any individual or to public health or safety;
- access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- a frivolous or vexatious request;
- access would reveal evaluative information generated by us in connection with a commercially sensitive decision making process;
- access would be unlawful;
- access would prejudice enforcement activities conducted by an enforcement body;
- legal dispute resolution proceedings with you where the information would not be accessible in the process of discovery in those proceedings ;
- denying access as required or authorised by or under law or court/tribunal order.
We will give you reasons if we deny access (except to the extent that having regard to the grounds for the refusal, it would be unreasonable to do so).
Requests regarding your personal data must be made in writing. Please contact us if you require a form requesting access (see Contact Us).
We take all reasonable steps to protect all personal or company information from misuse, loss, interference, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Your information is stored securely whether in an electronic or physical form. For example, only personnel requiring access to the information are allowed access. All personal, company or confidential information is stored in secured premises or in electronic databases requiring logins and passwords.
Some information is kept for a number of years to comply with applicable legal requirements. Any personal information that is no longer needed is destroyed or de-identified.
Contacting Us Or Making A Complaint